Myanmar Trip - Day 1

HELLO!!! Im back! Came back on last saturday but I dont have time or chance to use the computer hence the reason of late updating blog hehe! This trip was quite fun, the only thing that I wasn't happy about it is the weather. Damn hot =(

I wrote down what happened everyday in my notebook because I know I don't have 4gb memory capacity in my brain hahaha! I will break into few parts for each day as I need some time to edit and arrange the photos.

Date: 19 October 2008
Venue: Still in Malaysia haha!

We woke up at 5am @_@ checked our luggage and make sure we brought everything and off we go. We walked to South City Plaza to wait for bus but the bus didnt come T_T This means we have to walk to the KTM station with our luggage bags T_T

We almost miss the train but the train driver was nice enough to wait for us. Guess is our lucky day because I haven't met such nice train driver before haha!



Reached Bandar Tasik Selatan and waited for the KLIA transit. sleepy sleepy sleepy...











Father: come take a photo on plane. err hold on I get someone to take for us
Me: nvm we can take ourselves.
Father: how?
Me: You hold the camera. (I adjusted the angle) Okay click the shutter.
Father: ohh can take photo like that ar
Bro and me: *laugh* ya



luckily I asked theboyfriend to let me bring along his psp. at least I got something to play with hehe!

Lesbo, these are the Malaysia's clouds hahaha!







The roti jala is nice! hahaha!


Date: 19 October 2008
Time: 11.15am (Myanmar Time - one and a half hours difference from Malaysia)

My mom came with the tour guide, Dominic to pick us up from the airport. When I saw my mom, tears were wealing in my eyes. Dont know why hor is touching! Three months I didn't see her and Im SO SO SO happy she's with us now.

We sat in a 7 seated van with nice air-con hahaha!

I learnt how to read numbers in Burmese. Our car number plate is 1459.


Ya I can feel the "warm" welcoming. Thanks Mr Sun =_="

We checked in Yuzana Hotel. didnt take photo of the building because I have to cross the road to take that which I dont dare to cross the road myself in Myanmar. The traffic is crazy there =_=" So I only took the lobby.



View from my room.


While waiting for my mom to sort out the money, we camwhore haha! We are the rich there because we had 30000 with us hahahha! Of course is their money not Ringgit nor USD. 1000 kyats is around 1 USD.

We had our lunch at Golden Duck Restaurant which is located beside a lake. The food was quite nice. Love the prawn Spring roll


I asked my brother to take some photos of the boats on the lake. There are lots of couples dating opposite the restaurant. We were eating fruits and suddenly there's two guys walked up to my brother and talk in Burmese. Tour Guide told us that the guys asking did we took photos of them. Why do we want to take their photo? =_=" So tour guide told them we didn't and they went off. Darn scary la, people here are very sensitive.

After lunch, we went to a temple. Along the way, I secretly snap some photos in the car.



This is their public transport. They dont have a specific name for it. Everyday it will be packed and people will hang out of the "truck" like what you see in the picture. They paid the same rate as the people who are sitting too =_=" So I think I shall stop complaining how bad is our ktm? =/


They builded a reclining Buddha in the temple. Nothing much about this temple. I saw a lot of people like to sit in the temple, have a small gathering with friends or bring their family to sort of have their picnic at the temple.


There is a platform for you to climb up and take photo of the reclining Buddha.


The pillars in the temple are decorated with glass.



Along the way to next destination. Snap these, I really dont dare to simply snap photos. scared that dont know who will walk up to me =_="





This is their city hall.






One and only church I saw in Myanmar.






See how old is their money. Basically you wont use these anymore because everything are above 1000 kyats.

After camwhoring, we walked down the street which is Pansodan Street.


Their "yam cha" place.


You won't see public phone booth like ours in Myanmar because their public phone is like what you see in the picture. Someone will open a stall with phones, they have a timer so you pay according to the duration you talked on phone.

Can see a little bit of my sunglass because my brother pretends to take my photo but he is taking the public phone stall haha! Have to snap photos secretly is annoying =/












went to a Jetty. nothing interesting.


saw the guy with my father? He's our tour guide in Yangon. He's wearing Myanmar traditional costume. The cloth they used to wrap around is called Longhi (not the exact spelling but is pronounce as that) You can wear slippers to work here.




Saw this when we were leaving the jetty. dont have chance to go in and see how their KTV looks like haha!



went back to Hotel and rest for an hour. Basically I didn't sleep because have to charge camera battery, transfer pictures =_="

Part 2 will be up soon. Now I know how much work to do to edit and arrange photos to blog about a trip. Give me some time to edit and arrange as I have to rush my internship report at the same time too.

Note:
- Myanmese like to date under the umbrella. The couple bring umbrella and a bottle of 1 litre water and go to the park, sit there for the whole day. If you want to start a business in Myanmar, do umbrella business haha!

- Do not buy water or even food from the stalls along the street. Drink only from sealed bottle.

- When you cross the roads in Yangon, be very very very careful. Open your eyes big big and be very alert. Although they have traffic lights, but the cars will just drive out so you do not know what will happen =_=" Surprisingly, car accident rate is not high in Myanmar haha! Guess they all get used to it.

- Cannot take photos of people in uniform in Myanmar. People in this city are very sensitive so just snap the buildings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

한 여자를 사랑한 한 남자

Papa's day