Myanmar Trip - Day 2!
Date: 20 October 2008
Time: 4am (Myanmar Time)
We have to wake up at 4am because our van is coming at 5am to send us to the airport. We are going to Bagan. The hotel management was quite nice, they offered to pack our breakfast so we can eat it at the airport while waiting for our flight.

The sausages were quite salty. Mom said Myanmar food are quite salty =/


Although is just an hour and a half flight, they serve food haha! I thought only liquid or sweets =p


Reached Bagan around 7.30am. We saw this nice sky once we came down from the airplane.

Then, the nice people want to take nice photo.


Our Bagan tour guide is Zoe. Mom said it is cheaper to have the tour guide from perspective place than bringing along the one in Yangon because we have to pay for his accommodation and flight tickets.

Me! happily hop on the van because got air-con! hahaha!
Bagan is a city of pagodas and temples. It is not a city with high buildings, heavy and messy traffic but village style. Bagan is my favourite place in Myanmar because of the village style. Something different from what we experienced.
Is an hour drive from airport to so called the town area hehe! The road was super duper bumpy @_@ I thought I wanna catch some sleep but can't =( So tried my best to snap some photos from the van.

SO POOR THING! T_T The animals I saw in Myanmar are super skinny!

Public transport =/
Zoe brought us to see palm sugar making process. It is along the way from airport to the so called town area.




There's a guy climbing up the palm oil tree to collect the palm oil. This is the knife that he used.

Side Track: See how Zoe put the knife? That's how Burmese man carry their stuffs too. They put the wallet, handphone or belongings behind them like what you saw from this picture. I asked Zoe, they are not afraid someone will snatch it away from them? He said nobody dare to snatch stuffs because passerby will beat the thief up and will be jailed for at least 5 years and above.
I think is time for Malaysia to change their law so crime rate will decrease?

These are two pots of palm oils.
While Zoe is explaining about the palm oil, bro and me did this.


There's a lady selling handcrafts.


They grow their own peanuts!
Then, I saw this guy and the cow. This is to grind the peanuts to get peanut oil.

The guy asked my brother to try.


Zoe explained about the palm sugar making process. Honestly I wasn't paying attention because busy snapping photos haha!

Firstly, they cook the palm oil collected from the palm oil tree.

Secondly, they fill up this pot with the cooked palm oil. This is a fun part, they do not put this pot on a stove to boil it. It will be like what you see from the picture by normal temperature. They leave it in the pot for a week or two.

Then, I dont know what is this process for hahahaha! Sowwie~

and I do not know how it becomes like a ball haha! They put it under the sun to dry it.

Palm Sugar!

The lady filling up the small basket with palm sugar. It is for sale, but we got it for free haha! I didn't try eating it, I brought back and gave it to my Myanmar kids. They love it! =)
After the explanation of palm sugar making process, parents talked to Zoe while bro and I walked around.

Their room and open toilet =_="

This is how they transport water.

The place where they make thanaka.

See the cream on the girl's face? That is Thanaka. Every Burmese women will apply that on their face, they believe it is sunblock and thanaka can absorb the oil on their face.

Those are green tea salad. Only my father tried it. I don't think it tastes good haha!



Before we left, the boss wants us to try their wine.

I nearly puke after taking a sip of it. Super not nice =(

We started our journey again, heading to the town area. Zoe brought us to walk around the "town" area.


Mini Market.

We were walking on this kind of "road"




another skinny animal. It is so skinny till I don't even know it is goat or cow =_="

water source for this village.




One of the villagers told us they are building a temple. So we went and have a look.

Parents donated money to build the temple. Mom said we don't always have the chance to donate money to build a temple. Good deed haha!
Okay that's end of the village visiting. Then we headed somewhere really nice!
Time: 4am (Myanmar Time)
We have to wake up at 4am because our van is coming at 5am to send us to the airport. We are going to Bagan. The hotel management was quite nice, they offered to pack our breakfast so we can eat it at the airport while waiting for our flight.

The sausages were quite salty. Mom said Myanmar food are quite salty =/


Although is just an hour and a half flight, they serve food haha! I thought only liquid or sweets =p


Reached Bagan around 7.30am. We saw this nice sky once we came down from the airplane.

Then, the nice people want to take nice photo.


Our Bagan tour guide is Zoe. Mom said it is cheaper to have the tour guide from perspective place than bringing along the one in Yangon because we have to pay for his accommodation and flight tickets.

Me! happily hop on the van because got air-con! hahaha!
Bagan is a city of pagodas and temples. It is not a city with high buildings, heavy and messy traffic but village style. Bagan is my favourite place in Myanmar because of the village style. Something different from what we experienced.
Is an hour drive from airport to so called the town area hehe! The road was super duper bumpy @_@ I thought I wanna catch some sleep but can't =( So tried my best to snap some photos from the van.

SO POOR THING! T_T The animals I saw in Myanmar are super skinny!

Public transport =/
Zoe brought us to see palm sugar making process. It is along the way from airport to the so called town area.




There's a guy climbing up the palm oil tree to collect the palm oil. This is the knife that he used.

Side Track: See how Zoe put the knife? That's how Burmese man carry their stuffs too. They put the wallet, handphone or belongings behind them like what you saw from this picture. I asked Zoe, they are not afraid someone will snatch it away from them? He said nobody dare to snatch stuffs because passerby will beat the thief up and will be jailed for at least 5 years and above.
I think is time for Malaysia to change their law so crime rate will decrease?

These are two pots of palm oils.
While Zoe is explaining about the palm oil, bro and me did this.


There's a lady selling handcrafts.


They grow their own peanuts!
Then, I saw this guy and the cow. This is to grind the peanuts to get peanut oil.

The guy asked my brother to try.


Zoe explained about the palm sugar making process. Honestly I wasn't paying attention because busy snapping photos haha!

Firstly, they cook the palm oil collected from the palm oil tree.

Secondly, they fill up this pot with the cooked palm oil. This is a fun part, they do not put this pot on a stove to boil it. It will be like what you see from the picture by normal temperature. They leave it in the pot for a week or two.

Then, I dont know what is this process for hahahaha! Sowwie~

and I do not know how it becomes like a ball haha! They put it under the sun to dry it.

Palm Sugar!

The lady filling up the small basket with palm sugar. It is for sale, but we got it for free haha! I didn't try eating it, I brought back and gave it to my Myanmar kids. They love it! =)
After the explanation of palm sugar making process, parents talked to Zoe while bro and I walked around.

Their room and open toilet =_="

This is how they transport water.

The place where they make thanaka.

See the cream on the girl's face? That is Thanaka. Every Burmese women will apply that on their face, they believe it is sunblock and thanaka can absorb the oil on their face.

Those are green tea salad. Only my father tried it. I don't think it tastes good haha!



Before we left, the boss wants us to try their wine.

I nearly puke after taking a sip of it. Super not nice =(

We started our journey again, heading to the town area. Zoe brought us to walk around the "town" area.


Mini Market.

We were walking on this kind of "road"




another skinny animal. It is so skinny till I don't even know it is goat or cow =_="

water source for this village.




One of the villagers told us they are building a temple. So we went and have a look.

Parents donated money to build the temple. Mom said we don't always have the chance to donate money to build a temple. Good deed haha!
Okay that's end of the village visiting. Then we headed somewhere really nice!
Comments