The Bund

Is the first day of my event. It was drizzling, one hand holding umbrella another dragging luggage bag. Walked about 15 minutes from subway station to Novotel Atlantis Shanghai. At that moment, I just can't stop repeating FML FML FML!

I know handling an event is stressful and there's a lot of work to do and problems to deal with. I didn't prepare myself for this. Dragging luggage bag, walked under the rain, wet myself and walked on heels for 15 minutes. For those who know me, I don't wear heels normally unless needed to. So, FML would be the alphabets ever to describe my feelings at that moment.

Add on to that, even on the first day, participants had complaint about the trainer. Some said they refuse to pay full amount, some refused to come for the 2nd day course. Well, FML again.

Boss went off before lunch time, we had lunch at a restaurant he recommended. Honestly, I dislike the place and food wasn't as nice as he told us. I didn't finish my food, portion was really big for RMB10. Enough to feed two people.

#1 Lunch

I shouldn't probe more about my event because is a disaster. To my participants, and of course me. I didn't expect it to be that bad :(

Shall focus more on being a tourist. Boss brought us to The Bund which located at Nanjing Road. Forgot is West or East road. By the way, most of the roads in Shanghai labelled by it's direction. Most of it are either West or East road. I'm very bad in remembering direction so I don't bother remembering North, South, East or West.

#2


#3


#4 The Bund


#5 I think I'm really bad in caption. Is The Bund again lol!

#6 Mail box! Seldom see mail box nowadays. We are so used to email :P

#7 Don't you think the time they set to collect mails is weird?

#8

The whole place are flooded with humans. Most of them are tourists. Along the way, quite a number of people were distributing flyers. They are very aggressive and I mean it. They force you to take the flyer. Is scary! Even though we shake our head and even hands, refusing to take the flyers, they took our hands and force us to hold it. =____________="

#9 Like Jalan Alor.

FYI: The guy in blue top is my boss lol!

#10 Doesn't look fancy but they serve good food!

#11 Our dinner! Food is always good when we have it with boss :)

#12 Shopping mall 353. Reminds me of Singapore's Somerset 313.

Boss left us at Nanjing road after dinner. He said he been there too many times. So off we go to squeeze with thousand of humans and be a typical tourist.

#13 Typical tourist. Building behind me is The Bund.

Where I stand is what they built before EXPO 2010. Heard from my boss and other friends, when they went last night it was still under renovation. Is just a platform for people to take pictures of Pearl Tower and The Bund.

#14

#15 People were pushing and shouting around me. Felt stressed and luckily picture wasn't blur.

One thing I don't understand is that Shanghai was quite misty. I wonder is haze or mist o.O

#16 Yours truly. We managed to walked further down where is not so crowded. Hence there's no unknown head, hand or faces in the pictures.

After all the squeezing with thousand of humans, being a typical tourist, we rushed to the subway station before it closes at 10pm. I still think is expensive to take cab regardless which country. However, can say that taking cab in Shanghai is quite safe. *touch wood*

Had ice-cream at Cold Stone which located opposite our hotel. Was highly recommended by other colleagues who been to Shanghai.

We ordered their signature ice-cream, they mixed the brownies with ice-cream of your choice.
It was good! I don't know is it because we took it right after the squeezing and rushing lol!

#17

#18


#19

Normally I have tough time sleeping at new places. In Shanghai, I slept straight till morning. Guess I was really tired...

**********************************************

Took me a week to post this up because firstly, I was too tired after work throughout the week. Worrying about what I haven't prepare for my events. I'm still worrying now but less worry as I have settled 3 out of 5 events. I'm a freak who can't stop worrying until the event is over, provided is successful unlike my first event :(

Secondly, blogger doesn't allow me to upload 5 pictures at a time. Hate blogger and I wanted to shift to Wordpress but thinking is troublesome to do so. So yeah I'm still stuck with blogger wtf.

I know I'm really bad when it comes to writing so pardon my cin cai elaboration. I tried my best to type that and remembering what had happened. Bear in mind that I'm a gold fish :P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

한 여자를 사랑한 한 남자

Papa's day