Day 1 - Shanghai

Shanghai trip wasn't smooth sailing at all. All started with my trainer missed his flight, thinking is 1.50pm. For a person who said he travelled very often, is quite surprising that he don't understand an e-ticket is based on 24 hours format.

It was a midnight flight. Had breakfast at 6am on plane. I vomited while waiting for luggages. Didn't have enough sleep and wasn't feeling well on plane.

We took Maglev train to Long Yang Road subway station. It only took 6mins from Pudong Airport to Long Yang Road station.


Although is really fast, but you don't feel it.

Then, to spice up the tiring journey, we have to drag our luggage from subway station to another station. The going down to subway station doesn't have escalator. Yes, we have to dragged it down the stairs. Bare in mind that I have a trolley luggage, another huge hand luggage, was a rainy day so another hand was holding umbrella. I must be an octopus that day. Imagine the situation yourself.

Finally heard boss said we are reaching hotel. This is the only thing I would love to hear from him that day.

Unfortunately, the short cut to hotel will be open at 10am. We waited for 15minutes and finally we are really on our way to hotel!





The hotel was designed by Singapore designer.





My best companion throughout the trip!

I know what you are thinking, the bathroom is transparent. I think China likes to have transparent bathroom because previous trip to Changsha, the hotel also has transparent bathroom. What does this mean ar? :P

Yours truly :)

Reaching the hotel doesn't mean I can just sleep. Remember my trainer missed his flight? I have to settle the problem with boss. There goes my chance to sleep :(

Have to re-book the flight tickets and boss said take 15mins to freshen up, then off for lunch.

Taxi drivers are well protected LOL!

Most of the shops in Shanghai looks like this. Very small shops.




Famous club - Brown Sugar.

All buildings at Xing Tian Di 星天地 looks like this. To show Shanghai has modern and old structures.

Ding Tai Fung have almost 50+ people waiting for seats *rolls eyes* Didn't know is so famous in Shanghai haha!

Waited half an hour to get a seat for lunch.

Forgot what vege is this but is crunchy!

My favourite dish in Shanghai, Dong Po Yuk 东坡肉

Huang Jiu 黄酒. Very expensive, if I didn't remember wrongly is around RM100+ a bottle.

Tasted exactly like cooking wine.

Claypot mushrooms. I don't eat mushrooms so no comment :P

Xiao Long Bao 小龙包. Very nice! *thumbs up*


Waited for an hour for this. Sesame chicken
We couldn't finish because we were too full before it was served. Guilty guilty...

Like the atmosphere at Xing Tian Di 星天地.

Starbucks. They called it "Xing Ba Ke" 星巴克. I personally dislike the chinese name.

We waited for cab in front of Starbucks, cabbed to Qi Pu Road. This is where you can bargain and get wholesale price for clothes to shoes to bags. I've gotten myself a dress and a top for RM90. I was willing to pay at this price because the quality of the clothes are worth the money. I don't want to pay RM10 for a thin quality top which I can't wear after washing for say, 3 times lol

Here comes the interesting part. We found a subway station at Qi Pu Road. Happily thinking we don't have to take cab back to hotel. We can save money and shop more! Well, too early to be happy. At 5pm something, we were looking for the entrance to the subway but nowhere to be found. Turns out the subway station close at 4pm =_______________=" Is a new station, still under experiment. FOL!

So, we walked out and try to get a cab at the roadside. Took us almost 30mins to get a cab and it was really scary because a lot of private cars and motor like tut-tut approached us and ask us to get in their car, saying it is really hard to get cab at that time. Of course we won't get on it, even locals don't bother them. So be very careful not to get in not registered cab. Cab in Shanghai is in different colors: blue, black, white, green,etc. However, don't get in the red cab. My boss said red cab don't follow meter.

To top up our interesting journey, our driver don't know the way to our hotel. I told the driver, can you please let us off at the nearest subway station? He insisted to fetch us to the hotel =____=" So in another 30mins, we finally at our hotel entrance which I really did a big PHEW~ lol. The taxi driver said "As a taxi driver, we know the way. Is just that we need to keep going till we find a familiar road then we know where to go"

It is so not convincing right? =___________="

Dinner time! Boss was busy with his stuffs so we had dinner on our own. Chose a restaurant opposite our hotel.

Food was okay, cod fish was quite fresh. We ordered a set and shared as my colleague, doesn't like to eat rice. The set's portion is enough to feed two of us.

Lime juice

The set comes with stir fried vege, salad, minced pork, cod fish, and a plate of weird-taste-vege LOL. We seriously don't know what sauce they cooked with the vege. Tasted weird, very weird!


Steam cod fish :)

That's how I spent my day 1 in Shanghai. It is hectic and very tiring, not to mention quite stress because I can't stand people talk on the phone loudly in the subway, somehow it adds on to my stress level. Imagine after a stressful day at work, took subway and most of the people in the subway "shouted" on phone. Isn't it stress? o.O

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

한 여자를 사랑한 한 남자

Papa's day