Take the first step and be on top



Lack of self confidence is my biggest concern. I love meeting people, but when it comes to engaging a conversation, sometimes it becomes quite terrifying for me. I feel comfortable when is a team work because I can always be the shadow in the team. Give my best to help the team but nobody would remember who am I.

I am tired of living that way but I'm afraid to take THE step to step out. Always ended up still being the shadow and is bad for me that I actually feel comfortable being the shadow when deep down in my heart I know I want to shine.

I'm very thankful to have the conversation with my boss the other day. At least I know she has been observing me and actually understands me. I assumed that she doesn't which is so wrong. Note to self: Never assume especially when it comes to people's perception on you. You never know who's watching.

Her aim is to push my confidence level and I know if I don't step out now, I would let her down and myself down again. I don't want to go back to square one hence I will try my very best to stand out. Shine the way I want it to be without over doing it :)

I'm leading a project :) But I'm kinda stressed out after reading an email from my boss stating how she will be evaluating me. Well, just be yourself, put in effort in what you are doing...J.Lo, grab this opportunity and be fearless!

Comments

chyeli said…
have my support pal.. u are going to be on the peak.. just as the title of my blog.. the road to the peak of the mountain is difficult, but when u look from the top of the mountain, the view is breathtaking.. just need a little more effort to hve such scenery.. whether worth the effort, definitely is under ur consideration.. go go jiayi =)
Paupau said…
gambateh!going out from your comfort zone is hard,i can understand how you feel,but that's the only way to success.good luck with this project,the pressure is there,but take it as a force to push you forward.all the best mate! :D
Joanne said…
Chyeli: Thank you! Nothing come easy right? hehehe! We work hard for the bright future :)

Pauline: Ya...somehow I enjoy the tough process before I get hold of the comfort part hahaha!

I know that you are going through lots of stress phrase, so you gambateh too ya! I believe you will see your efforts pay off in the future :)

Popular posts from this blog

한 여자를 사랑한 한 남자

Papa's day