Late night thoughts




There are times where I want to pen down my thoughts or happy occasions but I guess I'm just lazy. Lazy to start constructing sentences, lazy to even collect my thoughts and pen down what had happened. 

Today, I feel the need to document what had happened to me since my last post in 2013.

Relationship
After much consideration, I decided to end my relationship with R. Difference in character draws us apart. As cliche as it might be, it is the reason that our relationship did not last. I did not make the decision over night, the thought of breaking up has been troubling me since 2 years ago.

He enjoys doing things at his pace, one thing at a time. I'm the opposite, if there's problem occur I have to settle there and then. I like to multi-task as I don't like to waste time or drag on issue/task as everything has a timeline. Well, now you get the idea of how different we are and I couldn't stand the way he handles certain issues. That's when I get irritated easily and run out of patience in giving in to him.

Our 8 years relationship ended in June 2014. Strangely I don't regret my decision, I'm sad that I did not regret my decision. How can a 8 years relationship ended this way and I did not regret a single bit? This shows how silly I was to hold on to him for so many years when I know something wasn't right years ago. 

Oh well, still it is a good memory and experience. I wish upon the stars that I will meet my Mr.Right soon :) 

Family
Brother started working in Seoul in August 2013 and I was posted in Singapore in December 2013, my parents have been living in an empty house for almost two years now. We felt bad for leaving our parents but it is an experience that we wouldn't want to let go. 

Good news is brother coming back in September, for good! Now parents at least have someone to rely on if need be. 

Work
The company I work for has expanded to Australia last September. I'm very excited as I have the opportunity to handle projects in Australia. 

Went to Sydney and Melbourne for site visit in February, glad that we managed to meet most of the suppliers and venues and all of them are friendly and helpful.

After 3 months of preparation, back in Sydney and Melbourne in July for two events in both cities. It feels like handling 4 events because different preparation for different venue. Moreover, I handled operations and my boss in charge of technical part. Yes, just two of us handling everything. 

Things did not go according to plan, that's normal for events but there are room for improvement. I will remind myself to not repeat the same mistake and do better for future events. I couldn't sleep for weeks before leaving to Australia because there are so many things to handle and I was worried that I might miss out some details. Stressing myself not to forget this and that, of course is not good to do so but I have no choice. I guess I'm get very emotional and involved in my job. 

Spent 17 days in Australia, I do miss working there. Mainly because is Winter haha! I can't stand hot weather, like seriously. As soon as I touched down in Singapore, I cannot stop complaining about the weather.

Hopefully I have chance to handle more projects in Australia, perhaps spend longer time there so I could have pre-event meetings to ensure things go according to plan on event day. Cannot be 100% according to plan but at least I try my best to reduce the possibility of things screw up or have backup plans. 

I enjoy working in this company. I'm fortunate and thankful to have a good boss and helpful colleague. I have confidence that we will have more projects in Singapore and Australia, as such we may have bigger team and able to go further as a team.

Grateful to have a job, surrounded with good friends and family members being healthy. This year's resolution is to work hard, save up and travel more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Papa's day